GEI 5 relates to consultation with employees on workplace gender equality issues.
Q15: Consult your employees
Question 15 asks if you have consulted your employees about gender equality issues in the workplace during the reporting period. Issues can include:
- parental leave entitlements and related processes, like keep-in-touch and return-to-work programs
- flexible working arrangements
- gender pay equity
- representation of women in management
- recruitment of women in non-traditional areas
- sex-based harassment and discrimination.
Consultation gives you information about your employees’ views on:
- the workplace overall
- what is working well
- what could be done better.
Question 15.1 then asks how you have consulted with your employees on these issues. Methods can include:
- one-on-one, toolbox or town hall meetings with staff
- consultative committees or groups
- performance discussions
- exit interviews
- focus groups
If you answered yes to question 15, question 15.2 will ask you to list who you have consulted. Employee category options include:
- all staff
- only women
- only men
- women and men who have resigned while on parental leave
- employee representative groups
- diversity committee or equivalent
- human resources manager
You can provide more information about GEI 5 under question 15.3, but this is optional.
To learn more about consultation, see WGEA's employee engagement resources.