Leading employers recognise that pay equity is essential to superior organisational performance, yet pay gaps persist within Australian workplaces.
To drive change in the community, the Workplace Gender Equality Agency works with a network of chief executive officers, heads of department and directors in the public and private sector committed to pay equity and gender equality.
Pay Equity Ambassadors help to create change by:
- Playing a leadership role in their business community and to the broader public
- Reinforcing their commitment to pay equity within their own organisation
- Profiling and promoting their approach to pay equity
The Pay Equity Ambassador program is currently being reviewed and will be evaluated to ensure it harnesses its maximum potential in the future. We will not be accepting new applications until the review has been completed.
To become a Pay Equity Ambassador, their organisation must have:
- undertaken a pay gap analysis of its workforce in the last two years,
- taken action on the results,
- reported pay equity metrics to the executive and board, and
- communicated their pay equity initiatives to their employees.
Ambassadors must sign the pay equity pledge and commit themselves to working with the Agency to promote and improve gender equality. Ambassadors must renew their commitment to pay equity every two years by re-completing the application form and resubmitting it to the Agency.
Meet our Ambassadors
The following directors, Heads of Department, CEOs, industry groups and membership bodies have signed our Pay Equity Pledge.
The Pay Equity Pledge
“We recognise gender bias can creep into performance, talent development and pay decisions to create like for like gender pay gaps.
That’s why we analyse and monitor our talent management data, including pay, by gender and take action.
We also set the expectation among people managers that they address gender bias in their decision making.
We do this because we know we can’t attract and retain the best people and improve workplace productivity if there’s any unfairness or perception of unfairness in our workplaces.
We encourage all business leaders to take the first step. “
Equal pay is in your hands.”
Pay Equity Ambassadors
|Neil Harding||Chief Executive Officer||ADCO Constructions|
|Alisia Muscat||Managing Director, ANZ||AKQA|
|Corrina Davison||Country Manager, Australia and New Zealand||American Express|
|Christine Stribley||Company Secretary||Ansell|
|Louise Adams||Chief Executive, Australia & New Zealand||Aurecon|
|Zlatko Skrbis||Vice Chancellor||Australian Catholic University|
|Riana Steyn||Chief Executive Officer||Bartier Perry Lawyers|
|Steven Flynn||General Manager - Australia and New Zealand||Baxter Healthcare|
|Amber Matthews||Country Managing Partner||DLA Piper|
|James Harman||Chief Executive Officer||EDL Energy|
|Pauline Blight-Johnson||CEO and Managing Director||Genworth Financial Mortgage Insurance Pty Ltd|
|Phil Duthie||Executive General Manager Australia||GHD Pty Ltd|
|Andrew Barkla||Chief Executive Officer||IDP Education Limited|
|Doug Cunningham||VP & Managing Director||Kimberly-Clark|
|Paul Tully||CEO||McInnes Wilson Lawyers|
|David Bryant||Chief Executive and Managing Director & Market Leader, Pacific||Mercer (Australia) Pty Ltd|
|Adj Prof Stephen Cornelissen||Group CEO||Mercy Health|
|Con Balaskas||Senior MSSI Vice President and Managing Director||Motorola|
|Nick Pesch||Chief Executive Officer||Randstad|
|Jim Tolley||Vice President - Sales Areas APC||Sandvik Mining|
|John Kirkwood||Managing Director||Seymour Whyte|
|Craig Jetson||Managing Director and CEO||St Barbara|
|Scott Kelly||CEO Australia||Real Asset Management (RAM)|
Pay Equity Official Supporters
- Australian Council of Social Services
- Australian Human Rights Commission
- Australian Human Resources Institute
- Australin Industry Group
- Australian Institute of Management
- Australian Centre for Leadership for Women
- Australian Women in Resources Alliance
- Business Council of Australia
- Business Professional Women Australia (BPW)
- CEOs for Gender Equity
- Chambers of Minerals and Energy WA
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Chiefs for Gender Equity (SA)
- Consult Australia
- Corporate Diversity Pathways
- Department of Local Government and Communities WA
- DFP Recruitment Services
- Diversity Council of Australia
- Economic Security 4 Women
- Fair Work Ombudsman
- Flex Careers
- Job Pair
- Local Government Professionals Australia NSW
- Parents@Work and Mums@Work
- National Association of Women in Construction
- Recruitment and Consulting Services Association
- SAP Australia
- Talent Gap
- The 100% Project
- Women and Leadership Australia
- Women in Mining and Resources WA
Women in Technology
- Women on Boards