WGEA's privacy values outline our commitment to privacy. This statement was last updated on 18 August 2023.
Privacy as the default
- Privacy by design is embedded in our practices and the design and architecture of our systems.
- Business processes and initiatives will be compliant with our mandatory requirements, including the Australian Privacy Principles and associated policies.
- Third parties authorised to collect and use personal information must meet the privacy requirements of the WGEA legislative framework.
Care and diligence
- Handle any requests or complaints with care and diligence.
- Appropriately destroy personal information in accordance with the WGEA legislative framework and any Australian Government retention requirements.
- Keep personal information in a way to protect it from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- Respect the privacy and rights of individuals in all aspects of business and treat all personal and sensitive data as confidential.
- Adequately inform individuals about the processing of their personal data, their rights and access to that data.
We will act with integrity when:
- Dealing with personal information and data that is collected, used or disclosed.
- Collecting, using, disclosing, and retaining only the minimum amount of information about individuals as necessary for the specified purpose.