The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (Agency) is an Australian Government statutory authority which aims to improve gender equality in Australian workplaces. The Agency is responsible for administering the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012 (Act), which puts a focus on promoting and improving gender equality outcomes for women and men in Australian workplaces.
The rationale underpinning this federal government initiative is the recognition that public sector information is a national resource managed for public purposes. The IPS scheme encourages a proactive disclosure of the Agency's information. The aim is to reduce the need for the public to request information under the FOI Act.
For all Freedom of Information requests or enquiries, please contact our Freedom of Information contact, firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Agency on 02 9432 7000 and requesting to speak with the FOI officer.
FOI Disclosure Log
All Australian Government agencies that are subject to the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (FOIAct) are required by section 11C to publish a freedom of information (FOI) disclosure log on their website.
The disclosure log requirement does not apply to:
- personal information about any person if publication of that information would be 'unreasonable'
- information about the business, commercial, financial or professional affairs of any person if publication of that information would be 'unreasonable'
- other information, covered by a determination made by the Australian Information Commissioner, if publication of that information would be 'unreasonable'
- any information if it is not reasonably practicable to publish the information because of the extent of modifications that would need to be made to delete the information listed in the above points.
WGEA's FOI disclosure log
The information described in the disclosure log table has been released by WGEA under the FOI Act and is available for public access.
A link is provided if the information can be downloaded from this website or another website.
Information that is not available online may be obtained by emailing or writing to us. A charge may be imposed to reimburse the Agency for the cost incurred in copying or reproducing the information or sending it to you. There will be no charge for the time spent by the Agency in processing the FOI request that led to this information being made available. You will be notified if any charge is payable and required to pay the charge before the information is provided.
There may be documents in the disclosure log that are currently not available in HTML format. If you are unable to read the format provided please contact us for an alternative format. We will try to meet all reasonable requests for an alternative format of the document in a timely manner and at the lowest reasonable cost to you.
Information attached, or referred, to in the Agency’s disclosure log will generally be removed after 12 months, unless the information has enduring public value.
|Date of access||FOI reference number||Title||Access|
|7 September 2020||2020/02||
Documents relating to median male and female wage earnings.
Denied. Link supplied to ABS website https://www.abs.gov.au/statistics/labour/earnings-and-work-hours/employee-earnings-and-hours-australia/latest-release
|20 January 2020||2020/01||Documents relating Agency personnel profiles and gender pay gap.|
|18 June 2019||2019/02||Decision to grant the AFL status of 2018-19 WGEA Employer of Choice for Gender Equality citation.||Partial|
|4 April 2019||2019/01||
A summary of communication between any of the big four accounting firms Deloitte, EY, KPMG and PwC about the way WGEA records equity and non-equity partners.
A summary of why the measurement of partners at these firms was changed from breaking out equity and non-equity to grouping them together.
|19 September 2018||2018/01||Research findings or proposals by your organisation - 1 Jan 2018 to 20 Aug 2018.||Partial|
Documents regularly tabled in Parliament
Under the Freedom of information Act, it is a requirement of Government Agencies to publish information on this IPS page that is regularly tabled in parliament.
The following information is provided by WGEA to parliament:
Making a Freedom of Information Request
There are a number of ways in which you may access information that the Agency holds:
- accessing information regarding the operations of the agency via this ‘Information Publication Scheme’ page
- viewing information contained in documents accessed under the FOI Act via our ‘FOI disclosure log (above)
- making a Freedom of Information (FOI) request seeking access to documents the Agency holds
Freedom of information requests to WGEA
The FOI Act gives any person the right to:
- access copies of documents (except exempt documents) we hold
- ask for information we hold about you to be changed or annotated if it is incomplete, out of date, incorrect or misleading
- seek a review of our decision not to allow you access to a document or not to amend your personal record.
- You can ask to access any document we hold. We can refuse access to some documents, or parts of documents that are exempt. Exempt documents may include those relating to national security, documents containing material obtained in confidence and Cabinet documents, or other matters set out in the FOI Act.
- If you are seeking access to documents that does not involve your personal information, you may wish to access the Agency’s FOI Disclosure Log
How to make an FOI request to WGEA
Your request must:
- be in writing
- state that the request is an application for the purposes of the FOI Act
- provide information about the document(s) you wish to access so that we can process your request
- provide an address for reply.
You can send your request:
- By email: email@example.com
- If you need assistance to make an FOI request, please contact us on (02) 9432 7000
Who we are
What we do
Our reports and responses to Parliament
EOWA Annual Report 2007-08
EOWA Annual Report 2008-09
EOWA Annual Report 2009-10
EOWA Annual Report 2010-11
EOWA Annual Report 2011-12
WGEA Annual Report 2012-13
WGEA Annual Report 2013-14
WGEA Annual Report 2014-15
WGEA Annual Report 2015-16
WGEA Annual Report 2016-17
The Freedom of Information contact officer for the Agency is Operations Executive Manager Anne Beath. She can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 9432 7000.