Each year the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (‘WGEA’) publishes the annual key findings from the reporting data in the WGEA Gender Equality Scorecard.
The Scorecard includes the latest figures on the gender pay gap, industry comparisons, women’s workforce participation, women’s representation in leadership and emerging trends in employer action.
WGEA’s dataset is based on reports submitted in accordance with the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012 for the reporting period 1 April to 31 March. Under the Act, non-public sector employers with 100 or more employees must submit their gender equality metrics to WGEA annually.
Table of contents
The 2020 WGEA data
2020 key findings snapshot
Australia's gender equality scorecard 2019-20:
Social media pack
Help us spread the word
We are inviting you to join the conversation about gender equality in Australia workplaces on social media!
To get involved you could:
- Share our scorecard, our video or one of our graphics with your followers
- Check out the WGEA Data Explorer to see how your organisation is tracking on gender equality. Share some ways that you are improving gender equality in your organisation or industry
- Tell your followers how your organisation stacks up against the rest of your industry
Use #WGEAdata and tag us @WGEAgency.
Right click and 'save image as...' to download one our graphics in the data snapshot above.
Join the conversation
Don't forget to share, follow and mention our accounts! You can get familiar with our social media profiles by following the links:
- New 2019-20 #WGEAdata out today! Find out how <your industry> is tracking for #GenderEquality in #AustralianWorkplaces! <link to scorecard> @WGEAgency
- According to new #WGEAdata out today, <your industry> have made improvements in gender equality. <Detail a way your organisation is pushing for gender equality> @WGEAgency
- The team is all together (socially distanced of course!) for this year’s Data Launch with @WGEAgency! #WGEAdata <link to scorecard or video>
- <Your organisation> is happy to announce that we are leading the way in <your industry> for <offering parental leave/gender pay gap/etc> #WGEAdata @WGEAgency