When completing a submission to the Agency your data will be in respect to a regular twelve-month time period. This is known as the reporting period.
The Gender Equality Reporting program will be open for submission each year for 2 months from April 1st to May 31st. This is known as the submission period, and you must submit your report and resolve any data quality issues before the deadline.
Data being submitted for the Gender Equality Reporting program will be in respect to the 12 months from 1 April of the prior year to 31 March of the current year.
- The responses on the Questionnaire will relate to the full 12-month period.
- The employee movements on the Workforce Management Statistics section will be taken from the full 12-month period.
- The Workplace Profile will have one snapshot date that is taken from within the 12-month reporting period, and you will include employees who were employed as at that date on the template.
What happens if the deadline is missed?
Employers that fail to meet their deadline (which includes any extension granted to them by WGEA) are then given a final 28-day notice period to rectify this by submitting the overdue Gender Equality Report. This notice is sent directly to the CEO or equivalent. After this period, the employer can be made non-compliant under the Act.
- If the deadline is missed, the Gender Equality Report data may not be included in the Agency’s dataset, and an employer may not be provided with any benchmarking reports.
- While your organisation may be named non-compliant with the Act if you miss the reporting deadline, you can submit your report at any time to be removed from the list of non-compliant organisations.
- Corporate groups that have more than one submission set up must ensure that all have completed their report for the group to be compliant, non-submission from one entity will impact the compliance for the entire group.
Making changes to a submitted report
When a report has been fully submitted, it will enter a change period of 28 days – during this time the report can be reopened and any edits made if mistakes are present.
- The 28-day change period is only guaranteed when a report is fully submitted before the official submission deadline, May 31st of the reporting year.
- Edits cannot be made to any submitted report once the dataset for the program has closed.