Who can make a comment to WGEA?
What must comments relate to?
On what basis will the Agency deal with comments?
Two criteria will be considered by the Agency when determining if a comment should be actioned:
- Relevance of the comment to the employer’s report
- The degree or likelihood that the Agency dealing with the comment will result in improved accuracy or completeness of the report.
When can comments be made?
There is no time restriction on when comments can be provided. However:
- Comments made to an employer within 28 days after a report has been lodged, may be taken into account by the employer in deciding if the report needs amending
- Comments made to the Agency within 28 days after a report has been lodged, may be taken into account in deciding whether to request additional information from the employer as part of assessing compliance with the Act.
How to make a comment
What will happen to comments sent to the Agency?
Agency will deal with comments in one or more of the following ways:
- As part of assessing compliance with the Act, take comments into account when requesting additional information from the employer
- Take comments into account when determining if a review is to be conducted of the relevant employer’s compliance with the Act
- Decide to take no further action.