Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012
The Workplace Gender Equality Agency is an Australian Government statutory agency that:
- promotes and improves workplace gender equality
- administers the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012 (Act).
The Act’s main goals are to:
- promote and improve workplace gender equality, including equal remuneration between women and men
- promote consultation between employers and employees about workplace gender equality
- recognise women’s disadvantage in the workforce and help employers remove barriers that stop them from fully and equally participating
- encourage employers to end gender discrimination, including for family and caring responsibilities
- boost Australian business productivity and competitiveness by advancing workplace gender equality.